The Kingsley Hotel
The mandatory clearing of certain OTC derivatives through a central counterparty signals a fundamental change to the way trades are executed. There has been much discussion surrounding this regulation and its effect on clearing members and central counterparties¸ but where do buy side firms fit into this new economic landscape?
Risk Magazine has designed a seminar that will address the cost implications of central clearing to buy side firms. The cost of central clearing: assessing the liquidity impact of central clearing for the buy side is taking place in London on Tuesday 13 March 2012.
This one day training course has been designed specifically to address the cost implications of central clearing for buy side firms. This event offers an opportunity to openly discuss central clearing with industry specialists and expert speakers¸ and consider how it will affect collateral management¸ what operational costs are involved in clearing through a central counterparty and how to develop an efficient regime for posting margin.
This event offers an opportunity to openly discuss central clearing with the following industry specialists and expert speakers:
- Matteo Bertotti¸ IR derivatives Trader¸ MPS Capital Services
- Matthias Graulich¸ Executive Director¸ Head of Clearing Initiatives¸ Eurex Group
- Mark Higgins¸ Business Development Director – EMEA¸ The Bank of New York Mellon
- Eric Kolodner¸ Managing Director¸ Tradeweb
- Anthony Kirby¸ Director¸ Regulatory and Risk Management¸ Ernst & Young
- Philippe Mongars¸ Deputy Director of Financial Stability¸ Directorate¸ Banque de France
- John Southgate¸ Senior Vice President¸ Northern Trust
- Andrew Sterry¸ Director¸ Citi Prime Finance
- Jacqueline Walsh¸ Group Derivatives Operational Officer¸ F&C Asset Management
- John Wilson¸ Former managing Director & Global Head of OTC Clearing¸ RBS
Specific sessions to be covered include:
- An evaluation of the regulatory environment
- Collateral management for the buy side
- Developing an efficient margining regime
- Advice for the end user: which CCP platform should you use?
- Operational costs for the buy side
- The effectiveness of central counterparties
Read More: Incisivetraining