IFRS Taxonomy Annual Convention: London
The 2012 convention will feature influential Keynote speakers from the international financial reporting¸ XBRL and regulatory communities who examine the implementation of IFRS with XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language).
Representatives in 2011 included international government agencies¸ financial institutions¸ and other key projects and organisations¸ including the IASB¸ the IFRS Foundation and XBRL International.
The audience was drawn from a diverse group of stakeholders involved in IFRS and XBRL reporting around the world¸ namely:
• Preparers of IFRS financial information
• Users¸ including analysts and data providers of financial information
• Regulators and supervisors from: Europe¸ Asia-Pacific¸ the U.S.
What was covered at IFRS Taxonomy Annual Convention 2011?
The convention provided a unique mix of both strategy and implementation advice in 3 distinct areas and formats:
1. CONFERENCE AREA
High-level presentations offering strategic insight¸ together with planning
guidelines and implementation time-frames.
2. BREAKOUT AREA
Practical sessions & focused roundtables designed to help with:
• Understanding XBRL
• Applying IFRS and XBRL to financial statements
• Analysing IFRS financial statements from XBRL data
• Understanding XBRL regulatory requirements for IFRS filers
and how to meet these requirements
• Preparing IFRS and XBRL implementation plans
3. EXHIBITION AREA
Featuring a range of service providers¸ including interactive demonstrations
of software tools for:
• XBRL tagging
• XBRL conversion
• instance document creation and review
• taxonomy creation & exploration
• and other XBRL solutions
Key IFRS Taxonomy Annual Convention 2011 speakers included:
• Hans Hoogervorst¸ Chairman of the Technical Committee¸ IOSCO
• Nadia Calvino¸ Deputy Director General¸ Internal Markets¸ European Commission
• James L. Kroeker¸ Chief Accountant¸ United States Securities & Exchange
• Madam Ying Wei¸ Deputy Director-General¸ Accounting Regulatory Department¸ Ministry of Finance
(People’s Republic of China)
• Stephen Cooper¸ Member¸ International Accounting Standards Board (IASB)
Picture Source: Informaglobalevents.com
The IFRS Taxonomy Annual Convention Highlights video (Source: <a title="http://www.youtube.com/resul