As UCITS IV is now in an operational mode and AIFMD reaching level II; the whole fund universe is properly framed and fund jurisdictions and fund houses are now competing in a new and more transparent environment. Therefore funds promoters and managers do have the relevant information to give key consideration to fund structuring opportunities across jurisdictions and operational models to implement as the provisions of both directives do converge. The conference will first address AIF Compliance issues to allow Service Providers to have in place the procedures to comply with AIFMD Level II while servicing an AIF on behalf of an AIFM? Anti?money laundering remains a key compliance responsibility and you will be updated on latest guidelines. Fund distribution is being affected by MifID rules including best execution¸ inducements on one hand and FATCA on the other hand which will imply new rules on withholding¸ documentation and reporting. Both will affect the fund distribution model that is more and more compliance intensive.
On the UCITS side¸ many organizations are still working on the full implementation of UCITS IV and a recap and check list of all procedures to put in place from a compliance standpoint will be useful. ETF have been exempted from subscription tax since January 1st 2011 and this makes Luxembourg as a domicile of choice. Together with structured UCITS there have been on?going risk concern and compliance issues that are currently discussed at EC and ESMA levels as well as through EFAMA. A compliance update is therefore paramount to avoid any reputation risk associated with these products. The conference will provide a highly focussed and detailed overview of the main challenges that the fund value chain and compliance function do have to undertake and implement to comply with new regulatory regime. Being pro?actively compliant is not only what the regulators do expect but also a true added?value that has a further attractiveness from an investor’s perspective.
- Chairman – Dr. Heimo Plössnig¸ Director¸ Head of Legal & Compliance¸ ASSENAGON ASSET MANAGEMENT S.A.¸ Luxembourg
- James Greig¸ Partner¸ Financial Services Regulatory Practice¸ PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS¸ London
- Hermann Beythan¸ Partner¸ LINKLATERS¸ Luxembourg
- Florence Fontan¸ Head of European Affairs¸ BNP PARIBAS SECURITIES SERVICES¸ Paris
- Marco Zwick¸ Group Head Compliance¸ SCHRODER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT¸ Luxembourg
- Christophe Wintgens¸ Partner¸ Financial Services Advisory Leader¸ ERNST & YOUNG¸ Luxembourg
- François Lourtie¸ Senior Manager¸ Asset Management Audit Practice¸ ERNST & YOUNG¸ Luxembourg
Conference key highlights
- Update on UCITS IV including CSSF circular 11/512¸ ManCo delegation¸ notification procedure¸ KIID risk disclosures & on?going compliance issues
- AIFMD Compliance Issues based on Level II
- UCITS IV Key Jurisdictional Review including FRANCE¸ LUXEMBOURG¸ UK¸ IRELAND ¸ MALTA
- UCITS V – Depositary Duties & Sanctions
- MiFiD II and UCITS Implications including pretrade and post –trade rules
- Capital Requirements Directive and furthe