Have you ever heard about Jeremy Waite and his 80 Rules of Social Media?
Jeremy Waite is Adobe EMEA’s Head of Social Media Strategy. He recently created an Infographic entitled The 80 Rules Of Social Media. This one is truly thought provoking and well worth reading.
To give you a little bit of a flavor of what You can find in Waite’s 80 Rules¸ we have chosen 5 really inspiring ones!
- Stop thinking about business in terms of B2B or B2C. Neither exist anymore. The only thing that matters is P2P. People-to-people.
- Social media is ALL about your audience¸ be they consumers¸ viewers¸ fans¸ followers or users. It has nothing to do with you¸ or what you think.
- If you actually spoke to people the way most social advertising speaks to people¸ they’d punch you in the face.
- Live by the 90:10 rule. 10% of your time should be spent creating great content. 90% of your time should be spent engaging with your audience. That means chatting to everyone. Listening. And then CARING about what they say. Under no circumstances is this ratio to be reversed. Ever. Over 90% of people who visit a brand page never return. You only have to look at most brand pages to understand why.
- You don’t need 1¸000¸000 new “likes”. You need 1¸000 new customers. Repeat until understood.
Print it out and hang it on your wall!!
To read all 80 rules¸ click here!