The goal of National Leave the Office Early Day is not to leave work unfinished¸ but to increase your productivity while you’re at work. This will leave you more time to enjoy time with family and friends.
The holiday was created by Laura Stack¸ productivity expert. On her website she promotes the holiday as a way of increasing productivity by encouraging people to have more time to take care of their responsibilities outside of the office.
As she advises on her website: “ productivity isn’t just about squeezing more into your day: it’s also about reducing the “speed bumps” – things like poor administration¸ red tape¸ bureaucracy¸ and unclear priorities – that waste your time”.
Laura Stack provides these tips:
- Eliminate the causes of most problems¸ and avoid crises.
- Control and prevent interruptions.
- Handle drop-in visitors and co-workers effectively.
- Refuse requests you don’t have time for.
- Recognize and eliminate personal shortcomings
- Avoid spending time in irrelevant¸ unnecessary meetings.
- Eliminate unnecessary responsibilities or tasks that belong to someone else.
- Get rid of everything you don’t need or use and live simply.
- Delegate properly.
- Keep socializing during work hours to an appropriate level.
Share with us your thoughts about National Leave the Office Early Day on TuneMalta Forum!