Following the huge success of our European Bunker Fuel conference¸ which was held in Amsterdam earlier this year¸ Platts are pleased to announce its inaugural Mediterranean Bunker Fuel conference¸ set to take place on the 3rd and 4th December 2012 at the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona¸ Spain.
This event is the only such meeting to look at the region in its entirety; with sessions addressing developments at key hubs and local markets including¸ Gibraltar/Algeciras¸ the Black Sea¸ Malta¸ Turkey and Greece.
Conference highlights include:
- The latest trends in the global fuel oil complex and an HFSO market overview – arbitrage economics¸ rates of flow and changing European dynamics.
- Changes in the refining industry and the consequent changes to the volumes and types of fuel available to ship operators¸ as well as the operational impact these changes will have.
- Key sessions looking at Emission Control Areas¸ fuel regulations¸ recommendations and the push towards lowering sulphur emissions¸ and the steps that you as an operator can take to ensure compliance.
- A spotlight on the most important legal and regulatory developments affecting Mediterranean operators.
- An examination of the options available to operators considering alternative fuels¸ in response to more stringent emission controls