In Malta¸ ICT is considered to be a pivotal activity. In fact in these last years there were major developments in e-commerce¸ m-Commerce and e-Government and the Maltese Government has invested heavily in the technology infrastructure and has built an e-Government framework rated by European Commission as the number one of all member states.
Competitive advantages for Malta in the ICT maintenance sector include:
Availability of specific skills in ICT where Malta is the regional training centre for Cisco¸ IBM¸ Microsoft and Oracle
Adaptation for Innovation is quick
Attractive cost structures and low social security costs for employers
Freedom of movement of labour and capital within the EU
It also enjoys a high standard of living and a financial services sector fully backed by paramount anti-money laundering standards. The Maltese regulator is the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) that acts as a single licensing and supervisory authority for all financial services activity.
Most importantly Malta Offers a number of tax incentives and these include:
- Wide Double Taxation Treaty Network
- Effective Corporate Tax after refunds of 5%
- 0% withholding tax on outbound dividend payments
- Domestic relief from double taxation
- Participation exemption or full refund of tax
- Dividends repatriated to EU Member States are not subject to tax due to Parent Subsidiary Directive
- Exemption of stamp duty
For more information please contact Pierre Mangion on 00356 21 335715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org