Bringing Research Insights to
In 2004¸ EDHEC-Risk Institute introduced a new type of conference aiming to bring research insights to investment professionals. These events present the research undertaken by EDHEC-Risk Institute and discuss their implications and applications with the investment industry.
In 2012¸ the Institute exported its conference concept to Asia in order to provide Asia-based finance professionals with easier access to state-of-the-art research in investment and risk management and to establish a dialogue around research results with particular relevance to investors and institutions in Asia.
The inaugural EDHEC-Risk Days Asia attracted over 800 participants ranging from end-investors¸ traditional and alternative investment managers¸ wealth managers¸ investment bankers¸ and policy-makers.
Building on this success¸ EDHEC-Risk Days Asia 2013 will be held on 15-16 May¸ 2013 at the Ritz-Carlton¸ Millenia in Singapore.
The key themes for the 2013 event are as follows:
ETFs and Passive Investment
- Active vs. Passive ETF Investing
- Comparing the Performance of Indices
- Benefits & Limits of New Forms of Equity Indices
- Alternative Bond Benchmarks
- Commodity Investing: Long/Short vs. Long-Only
- Managing ETP Risks
- Accessing Liquidity on the ETF Markets
Global Asset Allocation and Alternative Investments
- OTC Derivatives in Asia: Market Infrastructure and Regulatory Initiatives
- High Frequency Trading: Spotlight on Asia
- Novel Forms of Long-Term Inflation-Hedging Solutions
- Asian Pensions: From Regulatory Reform to Investment Solutions
- Managing Volatility in Asia
- How to Manage “New Money” Clients in Asian Private Wealth Management
- Extreme Risk Diversification
- Convergence of Hedge Funds & Long-Only Investing
- Sovereign Wealth Fund Investments: A New Perspective
- From Asset Allocation to Risk Allocation
- The Role of Infrastructure in Global Asset Allocation